1. Sales Potential - The way your house looks will directly affect it's sale price, as buyers typically "judge a book by its cover" when it comes to real estate. Features such as neat landscaping, fresh paint, and straight shutters are all contributing to the curb appeal. Inside, an out-dated kitchen could be a deal-breaker.
2. Energy Efficiency - While aesthetic appeal might be the most common reason for a remodel, updates that increase efficiency in the home can save money on utility bills and comfort. Swapping out single-pane windows for new windows can save you hundreds while also improving the look. New appliances in the kitchen will not only help you create delicious, evenly-cooked meals, but will also be a wallet-saver.
3. Kitchens Sell Homes - An outdated kitchen is not only hard to cook in, but it has been proven time and time again that a dated kitchen could spoil an otherwise perfect home. From old appliance to poorly-planned layouts to ugly laminate, remodeling a kitchen will not only boost your own enjoyment but help you sell faster and at a higher price.
4. Get It Right- Did you purchase a home with rooms that just don't match your lifestyle? Remodeling will allow you to customize your home to meet your needs. Want a large, spa-like shower but inherited an olive-colored tub/shower combo? Our team at MTM Carpentry will help you make that dream a reality. Adding storage is usually one of the main drivers of a remodel, and we can incorporate that into any design.
5. The Kids- Families rarely want to relocate while the kids are in school, especially if they love the neighborhood. Remodeling could update your home to meet your needs and keep your address.